Wanda Jackson at Mercy Lounge, Nashville

| Friday, September 10, 2010 | |
Wanda "Queen of Rockabilly" Jackson performed last night at Mercy Lounge after receiving a Lifetime Achievement award during the Americana Music Festival.  Dale Watson opened and the Dex Romweber Duo closed. We saw Dale but left before the Dex Romweber Duo.  We aren't country fans at all but I do respect that it is rock and roll's roots. We wouldn't be were we are today without country/bluegrass/blues etc to kick it all off.

I also saw Jack White of the White Stripes at the bar, but I didn't bother him. He produced Wanda's new single.


Dale Watson


Wanda Jackson
At 73 his lady still kills. She performed some songs I knew "Fujiyama Mama, Funnel of Love and and Lets Have a Party", some I didn't "Right or Wrong, Riot in Cell Block #9" and even a gospel song "I Saw the Light". Then she did "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin On" for an encore








0 comments:

Post a Comment